Monday, September 12, 2011

Zen Stories # 12 - Chasing Two Rabbits

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. “I’d like to improve my knowledge of the martial arts. So in addition to learning from you, I’d like to study under another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of this idea?”
“ The hunter who chases two rabbits,” answered the master, “catches neither.”

Moral: To excel, one has to focus all energy at the task at hand. Stay focused on one thing. Trying to get everything will get you nothing. Focus is not only your ability to stay attracted to the ‘One’, but also the discipline to avoid the distraction of the other ‘Ninety-nine’


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment, and will get back ASAP.