Monday, August 1, 2011

Amusing English # 1 - By an Educationist (Part 1/3)

Thought I will take a break from the moral lessons and stories and talk about some amusing English grammar mistakes that people make. My intention is to give you some entertainment only and not offend anyone in particular. Here goes the first one!

There is this educationist in Chennai who is very popular for this excellent :-) English skills. When I read them from time to time, I honestly thought that they were all exaggerated because someone simply cannot talk like this! But, some of my friends swore that they were all true and these were collated by his own students. Anyway, whether this is true or all cooked up, this gentleman has given me some pure entertainment on the net!.


Here are samples of his English during his interactions with students in his colleges. 
You will enjoy these more if you know a bit of the Tamil language as well.
 
At the playground
All of you stand in a straight circle
There is no wind in the balloon.
The girl with the mirror please come here...(meaning, girl with spectacles, please come here).


To a boy, angrily
I talk, he talk, why you middle middle talk?

While punishing students
You, rotate the ground four times...
You, go and understand the tree...
You three of you stand together separately.
Why are you late - say YES or NO .....(?)

At his best
He once went to a movie with his wife, and happened to see one of his students at the theatre though the boy did not notice them.
 
The next day at college, he said  (to that boy) - "Yesterday I saw you with my wife at the cinema theatre"  ...(?)

:)

(contd...)

1 comment:

  1. Cool.... really enjoying,though this part is already known few years back, looking forward to read future posts....
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment, and will get back ASAP.